Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Saturday 4 September 2010

What Does 42 Kg Look Like?

What does 42Kg look like? I am a visual person, I like to be able to visualise a problem or a task. In my job I often use visuals to explain something. I have a good friend who is a fantastic educator and he was giving examples of small incidents that grow into big issues. I gave him an example and he came back with a phenomenal visualisation and a mathematical equation to describe it; did I say he was also an ACE at Math? Anyway, I want to be able to visualise how much weight I need to loose now and as I go through the process how much I have lost.

It might not even be 42Kg the doctor has not given me a figure yet, this is my target but it may be more, but for now lets stick to 42. (I like that number).

What does 42Kg look like? In the UK domestic travel on airlines normally allows you 20Kg, so we are talking two suitcases full. but that is hard to visual a steady weight loss; I need smaller units.

What does 42Kg look like? Not sure what the supermarket thought I was doing, but on a whim Wednesday evening I ordered 42Kg of food to be delivered. I thought I could have a photo now of 42Kg and then two piles as I start the weight loss to show visually how I am doing. What did I order? well basically cheap food that will not go off over the next 9 - 12 months in small enough units to meet my needs:

           10    1.5Kg    bags Plain Flour               15Kg
           10    1.5Kg    bags Self Raising Flour     15Kg
             5    1 Kg      bags of Rice                       5Kg
             5    .4Kg      tins of tomatoes                  2Kg
           10    .3Kg      tins of peas                         3Kg
             8    .25Kg    packs of Lard                     2Kg


No I am not cooking pea and tomato pasties, just 'cooking up' a picture of how much I have to loose.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment