Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Saturday 19 January 2013

In Training


Now I have signed up for Vertical Rush the reality has dawned. So how do I get fit for this challenge?

I live in a bungalow so that isn't much help and most of the time the office I work in is only a few floors, but our office in Bracknell is 10 stories tall, so when I was there on Thursday I thought, let's give it a go.

Armed with a bottle of water and a sports drink, I told a colleague what I was going to do and set off to see how far I could get. His advice to me was to rest when necessary and not push myself too hard.

I walked doen to the basement and then started to climb. After 10 flights, I needed to rest, but was so pleased with myself I quickly started again. Next rest was on floor 8 and then I managed to get to the roof, 241 steps! How pleased with myself was I?

In fact I was so pleased with myself, I did it again at lunchtime :)



No comments:

Post a Comment