Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Friday 29 April 2011

I did IT

So this was my big challenge, to learn to dive. I set myself the challenge  back last August before I had my surgery, I took the first step with Dan in January when I took my Discovery Dive in Chicago, but today I became a certified PADI Open Water Diver.

Graham & Uwe
I was going to keep it a secret and not tell people until today, but actually it was great to have them encourage me all week, and my facebook page and Twitter accounts are full of friends encouraging me. Thank you to everyone.

I specially need to say thankyou to my instructors Graham and Uwe and the Divemaster Brian, for a fantatsic week and their patience. I am not their most skilled or pretty diver, but I am one of their most grateful.

When I first told Dan I was going to learn to dive to celebrate not being Fat, he told me a lot of big people dive sucessfully. I know that I couldn't have done this 6 months ago. Where we dived in the Cabron Marine Reserve, I would never have got down to the sea, and definatley never got back up again.  As it was, my buddy and instructor Graham was always on hand to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment