Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Sunday 10 October 2010

Day Ten and getting very close

Today, I am determined to do 2 things. Get my expenses done and manage a whole day without lettuce!

I am travelling with work tomorrow for 3 days and then I fly direct to Southampton where I have my operation on Thursday.

Yesterday I got my final instructions from the hospital, which makes it all so real. I still want to do it but at the same time it seems so permanent, no going back. when I was 33 I had to have an emergency hysterectomy, I was very upset that it meant I could no longer have children even though I had already made up my mind I didn't want any more. So I want to be slimmer, I don't want to eat too much, but the thought of not having the option of a binge seems very final.

But this is what I want, and it is not about food, it is about health, being healthy, avoiding the problems my mum suffered and eventually died from, and then the benefits of health and being able to join in with more of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment