Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Friday 29 October 2010

First Slip - oops

I am feeling so much better. I am still feeling tired but generally great. Wednesday I left Guernsey where I spent my first 10 days. I was really pampered, looked after and had a great time. I was able to walk everyday, the weather was in the main sunny but breezy autumn days, and I even got to walk across my favourite beach.

I took the short flight to Southampton and spent a day with my daughter. I went back to the hospital to get some paperwork and they were so pleased with me I didn’t even have to have the follow up blood test they had previously suggested. I even drove which was a little naughty, you are supposed to wait to the 2 week mark and this was the day before.

Thursday I drove to Heathrow where I met a great friend and travelled with him to Denmark where I am now for the weekend. It is a big occasion for his company and I wanted to be part of the Celebrations. I will be good and I know I won’t be eating all the food, drinking all the wine and beer but I will be amongst friends and marking the event.

However last night I slipped up. In Scandinavia a favourite sweet is liquorice pipes. I remember these from when I was a child in the UK and last night as I sat around a table with friends they were all eating them. I was so tempted and thought perhaps I could just suck one, and then perhaps chew it into lots of little bits. Well let me tell you it was a definite lesson on my limits. It went down, but then repeated all night and left me with a horrible overeating uncomfortable feeling. I won’t be doing that again, although perhaps if I had washed it down with the whisky everyone else had?

It was a good lesson and hopefully I will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment