Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Friday 27 May 2011

A Hug From The Doctor

Yesterday I had my 6 month check up with the bariatric surgeon. It was actually nearer 7 months as I postponed it due to my diving trip.

First I saw the dietitian and she measured all my fat, which has reduced from 51.8% to 39.7%, she was very pleased. However I am a bit low at present, although overall I have lost 32Kg or 67lb I have lost nothing for 6 weeks. I haven't been perfect with the eating or exercise and not losing anything is a demotivator, but I have signed up to the GCC challenge to kick start, so I will get there.

The doctor, was even more encouraging and walked around his desk and gave me a hug. He told me I had done really well. So I felt a bit better.

Anyway I did leave with a smile on my face. My daughter had come to meet me at the hospital and I had a bag from home for her which included an easter egg someone had given me for her. Only she could eat a cadburys Cream Egg in a Bariatric Clinic waiting room full of people with weight problems. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment