Follow Me In My Determination To Change

I thought if I shared my journey I would be more likely to succeed.

Monday 31 January 2011

Big, Big Achievement

I said earlier that I would like to do something that previously I was just a spectator to. The challenge I set myself was to try diving.

Many of my support group, my very special friends dive and I would so love to be able to do something with them. One of those very special friends, Dan, is also a dive instructor, so there is no better person I would want to give me my first lesson.

Yesterday was the day, and I was so excited. The first few minutes were a bit nerve wracking, what if I panic? but I had no need to worry (although worry is my middle name), Dan was fantastic. He didn't rush me, he was very patient and by the end my only worry was 'when will I do it again'. I had a great time, loved every minute and not that long ago I would never of even considered it. I was not very co-ordinated, and have a long way to go, but it was such fun.

Thank you Dan, and thank you all my other friends for giving me the courage and support I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment